Dr. Arnold Smith’s Curriculum Vitae
September, 1960 – August, 1963
B.S. in Medical Science, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Magna Cum Laude)
August, 1963 – December, 1966
M.D., University of Tennessee Medical Units, Memphis (AOA-Medical Honorary Society)
January 1, 1967 – December 30, 1967
Straight Surgery Internship, University of Tennessee Affiliated Hospitals, Memphis, Tennessee
January 1, 1968 – June 30, 1970
resident in Neurosurgery (including six months Pathology, three months EEG, six months Neurology, three months Ophthalmology), Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota
July 1, 1970 – March 30, 1971
Resident in Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky Medical Units, Lexington, Kentucky
Passed written Boards in Neurosurgery in 83 rd Percentile
April 1, 1971 – May 30, 1971
Resident assigned to Special Diagnostics
June 1, 1971 – June 30, 1974
Resident in Radiation Therapy (including three months Nuclear Medicine, two months Research Laboratory) University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
Passed written examination of American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Radiology, including Physics
Passed oral examination of American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Radiology
July, 1974 – July 1991
Director, Department of Radiation Oncology, Mississippi Baptist Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi
November, 1991 – May, 1994
Radiation Oncologist, Magnolia Regional Hospital, Oncology Center, Corinth, Mississippi
August, 1994 – Present
Medical Director and Radiation Oncologist, North Central Mississippi Regional Cancer Center, Greenwood, Mississippi
Passed written exam the American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine (ABAAM)
Passed oral exam the American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine (ABAAM)
1. Smith R., Van Arsdale E., Maruyama Y.: Beam divergence styrofoam block-cutting apparatus for mantle fields. Radiologic Technology, Vol. 46, No. 1, 1974.
2. Smith R.,Calkins J., Maruyama Y.: Letality-modifying effects of nicotine on experemental rats. Radiology 1974;111:733-734.
3. Smith R.: Massive adenocarcinoma of the lung control by irradiation and adjunctive medication: a case report. J Miss State Med Assoc 1977;18:88-91.
4. Smith R.: Non-oat cell carcinoma of the lung controlled by irradiation and adjunctive medication: a case report. J Miss State Med Assoc 1983;24:151-154.
5. Reagan M., Smith R., Steadham R.: External beam irradiation for prostate cancer: The MBMC experience and literature review. J Miss State Med Assoc 1984; December.
6. Smith R., Stubblefield G., Brock D., Reagan M.: Anorectal squamous cell carcinoma at Mississippi Baptist Medical Center: Results of the last five years of the Nigro schedule. J Miss State Med Assoc 1985; October.
7. Smith R., Borronow R., Hickman B., Reagan M., Steadham R.: Combined therapy as an alternatively to exenteration for locally advanced vulva vaginal cancer. II Results complications dosimetric and surgical considerations. Am J Clin Oncol 1987; 10:171-81.
8. Smith R., Stubblefield G., Reagan M.: Effective palliation of metastatic adenocarcinoma to the liver: A case report. J Miss State Med Assoc 1988; October.
9. Smith R., Lockey M., Reagan M.: Carcinoma in situ and T-1 squamous cell carcinoma of glottis: The Mississippi Baptist Medical Center experience. J Miss State Med Assoc 1989; November.
10. Smith R., Routh A., Lackey V.: Hsu H., Reagan M., Stubblefield C., Furr M., Houston G., Gillespie G., Graham B. Patients with localized pancreatic adenocarcinoma in Central Mississippi: A retrospective analysis of survival. J Miss State Med Assoc 1990; June.
11. Smith, R.A., Dzugan, S.A.: Survival indicates immune restoration is an effective treatment in extensive lung cancer. In: Fourth scientific conference of Anti-Aging medicine. Las-Vegas, USA; 1996:26-27.
12. Smith, R.A., Dzugan, S.A, Rafique, S.: Extended survival of lung cancer patients with brain metastasis: Case reports. Clinicist. 1997;3:91-94.
13. Smith, R.A., Dzugan, S.A., Kuznetsov, A.S.: Case report of non small-cell lung cancer with malignant pleuro-pericardial effusion. Clinical Surgery. 1998; 3:46.
14. Smith, R.A., Dzugan, S.A., Rafique, S., Fumagalli, L., Lissoni, P.: Peripheral blood natural killer cell increase as a predictor of survival in metastatic cancer patients treated by neuroimmunotherapy with subcutaneous low-dose IL-2 plus melatonin. International Journal of Immunotherapy. 1999;15:131-135.
15. Smith, R.A., Dzugan, S.A., Rafique, S.: Peripheral blood natural killer percentage greater than 50 as a possible predictor of cancer survival. Bulletin of Urgent and Recovery Medicine. 2000; 1:16-22.
16. Smith, R.A., Dzugan, S.A., Kosko, P.: Postoperative beta irradiation for control of pterygium. Journal MSMA. 2001;42:167-169.
17. Smith, R.A., Dzugan, S.A., Rafique, S., Fumagalli, L., Lissoni, P.: Covariance of natural killer cells elevation with extended survival duringneuroimmunotherapy with subcutaneous low-dose IL-2 and the pineal immunomodulating neurohormone melatonin. Bulletin of Urgent and Recovery Medicine. 2001; 2:20-23.
18. Smith, R.A., Dzugan, S.A., Kosko P., Smith A.B.: Highly successful use of postoperative beta irradiation for prevention of pterygium recurrence. Bulletin of Urgent and Recovery Medicine. 2001;2:127-130.
19. Dzugan, S.A., Smith, R.A.: Broad spectrum restoration in natural steroid hormones as possible treatment for hypercholesterolemia. Bulletin of Urgent and Recovery Medicine. 2002;3:278-284.
20. Dzugan, S.A., Smith, R.A.: Hypercholesterolemia treatment: a new hypothesis or just an accident. Medical Hypothesis. 2002;59:751-756.
21. Smith, R.A., Dzugan, S.A., Rafique, S., Lucas, M. Angiosarcoma of the bone marrow.: Bulletin of Urgent and Recovery Medicine. 2003;4:193-194.
22. Dzugan, S.A., Smith, R.A.: Hypercholesterolemia treatment: a new hypothesis or just an accident. In: Scientific conference of Anti-Aging Therapeutics for the Office-Based Physician & Health Practitioner. Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA; 2003:139-155.
23. Smith, R. A., Dzugan, S. A.: Role of immunorestorative therapy in Non Small-Cell Lung Cancer. In: 11 th International Congress on Anti-Aging & Biomedical Technologies. Las Vegas, NV, USA; 2003:109-123
24. Dzugan, S. A., Smith. R. A. : The simultaneous restoration of neurohormonal and metabolic integrity as a very promising method of migraine management. Bulletin of Urgent and Recovery Medicine. 2003; 4:622-628